Monday, November 5, 2012

Daylight Savings


Via

Today with the link up I'm going to tell you about how I have a love/hate relationship with daylight savings. Once a year this day comes around and I start getting pumped to get an extra hour of sleep. If anyone really knows me, they are aware that i'm having an affair with sleep. I am almost to excited to go to bed at night. It's a wonder that I can actually fall asleep. I'm not afraid to admit that I try to get in bed by 9:30 on weeknights and start getting anxious after midnight on the weekends when i'm not wrapped in my comfy covers. It's to the point were I will look at my watch and annoy the friends I am out with on the weekends. As if I turn into freaking Cinderella on Saturdays.... You should have seen me the week that I got a new pillow top mattress. Holy Moly. With that piece of embarrassing information, it is not a surprise that getting an extra hour of sleep on that glorious night becomes the highlight of the week. 

What's the downside you ask? Well the stupid sun sets so early now that I become even more anxious for bed. I look out the window at six o'clock and wonder...."when would be an acceptable time for me to slink into bed?" When it gets dark so early, my body temperature drops some degrees and I strangely feel as though it's negative 20 degrees outside without even touching a toe out the door. I belong in summer weather, were I can stay up later without feeling as though i'm missing prime sleep hours and the AC is blasting so I can snuggle. That crazy sun definitely screws with me. 

Do you have the same experience? Tell me about it... Do people look at you strangely for wanting to sleep rather than ParrTayy? Tell me about it....

Now it's your turn!


The rules:
1.Please follow your 3 hosts HeleneEmily and Kathleen plus our wonderful cohost this week Sarah
2. Copy the button and link back to us
3. Please Check out at least 2 other link ups! Have fun!!

If YOU would like to co-host next week leave a comment and let us know
and we will put you on our list!!

Tell me about it!!!






29 comments:

  1. Thank you for co-hosting! I'm a new follower. :)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you = me. i go to sleep at 9:30. and agreed. it's sooo dark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower from Tell me about it =) Would love if you returned the gesture. Thanks for hosting!
    Sally
    fgwl64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sally! I'm headed your way! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I hate DLS. Dark at 6 p.m.? No thanks.
    I hate it even more this year because we forgot! Didn't get that extra sleep, dang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! That stinks. I would be pissed for weeks! haha

      Delete
  5. Hi! Thanks for hosting! I'm a new follower. Would love for you to visit when you get a chance! :)

    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria! Thanks for linking up. I'm headed your way

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting, back again from last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from the hop, thanks for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I want to tell you that I ALSO have a love/hate with daylight savings time... it is more palatable in the summer than the winter... especially where I live! Following you everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the summer vs winter deal. It seems worse when it's cold out.

      Delete
  9. Haha, I totally agree with you about turning the clocks back an hour. Although I DID benefit greatly from that extra hour of sleep, I HATE that it gets dark out so quickly. Kinda like, ok Fall you're done. Winter is officially here. Not ready yet!

    New follower :) Come stop by my blog if you'd like!
    http://nuggetonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a huge fan of the daylight savings thing myself. But eventually, I'll adjust. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm a new fan from the link-up and have to say, your blog design is adorable! It's so fun! Great to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man i TOTALLY get ya on the daylight savings issues! I NEED vitamin D!!! I really hate it getting dark earlier!! Yuck!!! Following along from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Followed you, thanks for hosting link up! Looking forward to reading more---hope you follow us back at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julie! I'd love to follow back! See you soon

      Delete
  13. New follower via the Tuesday link up! I'd love a follow back if you have a chance. :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! You and my husband could totally co-habitate! He also has a passionate love for sleep. I, on the other hand, can get by with very little, and truly only sleep because I know it's necessary for my overall health.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I used to be a night owl, and could stay up all night long. Now I just have to be in bed no later than 11 pm, and sometimes even earlier. My friends think I am a grandma...ha! But I do love sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been called a grandma before. I took it in stride because I'm not crabby in the morning haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...