Monday, November 19, 2012

Orange Cloves



I think a big part of decorating for the holidays is making your home smell delicious. I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet but these can be made ahead of time to decorate for both holidays. This DIY is pretty easy and a fun activity to do to get in the holiday spirit. I remember making these oranges when I was little. We would all sit around the kitchen table with Christmas music on and goodies to eat to pass the time. The only down side is your thumb might get a little sore from pushing in the cloves. It's worth the pain! They smell just like the holidays.



Orange Cloves
Large oranges
Whole cloves

All you need to do is push the cloves into the orange rind to make a homemade potpourri. Why does that word look weird? 





Today is Tell Me About It Tuesday so what are some of your traditions for the holiday? 

The rules:
1.Please follow your 3 hosts HeleneEmily and Kathleen plus our wonderful cohost this week Mariel
2. Copy the button and link back to us
3. Please Check out at least 2 other link ups! Have fun!!

If YOU would like to co-host next week leave a comment and let us know
and we will put you on our list!!

Tell me about it!!!



14 comments:

  1. what an awesome idea!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from tell me about it tuesday! :) thanks for hosting!

    http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to do this with my mother when I was little! Totally going to do this in the next week or two! So glad you blogged about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of oranges and cloves :) Perfect for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea! :) I just may be doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word potpourri always looks weird!

    I love this idea. Will I do it? Time will tell. It would look great on my kitchen table though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google the word just to make sure i spelled it right!

      Delete
  7. New follower here! cute blog!

    www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly I think this is a fantastic idea of getting the scent of the season in your home. I am definitely going to do this as a project with my kids!!
    Thanks for sharing and I am following you from the hop.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/mom-vs-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl! I nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog! Also, I think potpourri looks weird because it isn't spelled the way it sounds? Thats my theory at least lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE these. I remember making them as a child--always made esigns with the cloves. I'll definitely have to do that again this yar. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...