Thursday, October 18, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

This recipe is AMAZING! I love bread in general but if you add chocolate and bananas, i'm all in. By the way, is it weird that I can only spell banana by singing this song? Every.Time. 


Can you see those delicious chips?! Yummy. The loaf was 3/4 gone by the end of the day. It can double as a breakfast or dessert. 

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 stick softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.

3. In medium bowl, beat sugar and butter until soft. Add vanilla and eggs and beat 1 minute. Add flour mixture and beat 1 minute. Beat in banana. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into loaf pan.

4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. (I had to cook loaf for 10 mins more)

Recipe found here.




Yesterday was a huge day for my blog. I want welcome all of my new followers! Thanks for joining the adventures. :) Let me know if you'd like to swap ads!

Follow along on twitter, pinterest & instagram

8 comments:

  1. I like adding dark chocolate and raspberries to my banana bread. So good! But I always turn it into muffins so they cook more evenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I'll have to try that next time. It would be easier for grab and go mornings!

      Delete
  2. Mmm looks yummy! I'll have to try this out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through Wifessionals. LOVE it. And I can't wait to make that.
    Do Dallas Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks so good! I love banana bread and adding chocolate can only make it that much better. I am going to ad this to my list of recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That. Looks. AMAZING!
    Btw, you are really picking up on this blogging thing! I am already lost. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...